Crispy roasted brussels sprouts with a sweet Thai chili sauce and cashews. Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts are a delicious side dish to accompany any meal! (vegan, gluten-free)
I think Mr. Table and I have a problem. Like, a real problem. We eat brussels sprouts almost every day. It’s like an addiction. Is that a real thing, a veggie addiction? If so, we might have it.
I mean, I kind of throw a tantrum in my head when they run out of brussels sprouts at the store. Even though I know very well that I’ll be back at the store in the next 24-36 hours. But brussels are like veggie crack. We just have to have them.
Ok, so I may be exaggerating just a little, but for real, y’all, Mr. Table and I eat an insane amount of brussels. But they’re just so dang good. They aren’t the new ‘it’ veggie for no reason. We usually eat them roasted with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar (for the super easy recipe see this post), but recently, I tried a new recipe that may rival my usual one. Meet my Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts.
These Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts put a whole new spin on this amazing vegetable. They’re still roasted until crispy and delicious, but then they’re coated with a homemade sweet Thai chili sauce (which is super easy to make, by the way) and tossed with crunchy cashews. They’re amazing. Slightly spicy, deliciously sweet, and the perfect change-up from your regular brussels recipe.
If you’re like me and you buy brussels by the truckload, give this recipe a try! It’s a super fun variation that delicious with any Asian-inspired meal, and at the very least, you’ll learn how to make Thai chili sauce! (Psst…If you need inspiration on what to serve them with, try my Miso Chicken.)
Crispy roasted brussels sprouts with a sweet Thai chili sauce and cashews. Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts are a delicious side dish to accompany any meal!
- 2 cups brussles sprouts, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Place a cast iron skillet in the oven to preheat (optional).
- While oven is heating, prepare the chili sauce. Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat, stirring, until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once oven has preheated, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil and add to hot skillet or a baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until brussels sprouts are crispy and caramelized. Remove from oven and stir in chili sauce and cashews. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and additional chili flakes (optional).
Love this recipe? PIN it!