Spice up your lunch routine with this light and flavorful coconut curry chicken salad made with no mayo. (gluten-free)
I absolutely adore chicken salad. It's one of my favorite lunches, especially since it's great for meal prepping. I also love to switch up my chicken salad routine to include seasonal ingredients and fun flavors. This coconut curry chicken salad is my newest twist on traditional chicken salad, and I could not be more in love with it.
Why You'll Love This Coconut Curry Chicken Salad
This is definitely not your typical chicken salad. It's so flavorful with a coconut yogurt and curry sauce that coats tender chicken, crunchy celery, fresh herbs and sweet raisins - all without mayonnaise! It's so easy to prep on a weekend for a week's worth of healthy lunches. Eat it with crackers and fresh veggies, on top of a salad, or as a sandwich or wrap.
What Makes This Chicken Salad Healthy
Coconut Greek yogurt serves as the base for the creamy curry sauce. It replaces mayo, resulting in a lightened up, high protein chicken salad.
How To Make Coconut Curry Chicken Salad
- Stir together the yogurt and spices.
- Chop the chicken, celery, onion, cilantro and mint and add them to a big bowl with the raisins.
- Add yogurt sauce and stir to coat everything well.
More Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes You'll Love
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- No Mayo Apricot Chicken Salad
- No Mayo Orange Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
If you made this recipe, please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Mayo-Free Coconut Curry Chicken Salad
Spice up your lunchtime routine with this light and flavorful coconut curry chicken salad made with no mayo. (gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: about 2 ½ cups 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup dried currants or golden raisins
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 (5.3 oz) container coconut Greek yogurt (I like siggi's)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, green onion, currants or raisins, cilantro and mint.
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir into chicken mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve on whole grain bread, lettuce cups, or with your favorite whole grain crackers and veggies.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Look for salt-free curry powder. If your curry powder has salt in it, omit the salt from the sauce.
- For dairy-free, use your favorite coconut-based dairy-free yogurt.
Keywords: coconut curry chicken salad, no mayo curry chicken salad
This post was originally published March 2018 and has been updated.