Mayo-Free Coconut Curry Chicken Salad
Spice up your lunchtime routine with this light and flavorful coconut curry chicken salad made with no mayo. (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: about 2 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried currants or golden raisins
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 (5.3 oz) container coconut Greek yogurt (I like siggi's)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, green onion, currants or raisins, cilantro and mint.
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir into chicken mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve on whole grain bread, lettuce cups, or with your favorite whole grain crackers and veggies.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Look for salt-free curry powder. If your curry powder has salt in it, omit the salt from the sauce.
- For dairy-free, use your favorite coconut-based dairy-free yogurt.
Keywords: coconut curry chicken salad, no mayo curry chicken salad