This sweet and savory honey pecan salmon is a simple and delicious way to include more heart-healthy seafood in your weeknight meals! (gluten-free, dairy-free)
If you didn't think you liked salmon… well, you will now!
This delicious honey pecan salmon recipe is inspired by a salad at one of my and Mr. Table's favorite restaurants in our college town that we live in once again. We used to go there on dates all the time in college and listen to live music, drink wine (craft beer for Mr. Table) and chat all night.
Coming back to Lubbock after living Dallas was a bit of a shock when it came to restaurants. We'd been spoiled by all the amazing food in Dallas, so our favorite restaurants weren't quite as good as we remembered them. We still go to our favorites occasionally, but we eat at home much more frequently than we used to.
This salmon recipe is one that I took from the menu of our old college date-night spot. The combination of honey and pecans is naturally delicious, so it takes salmon to a whole new level. It's so easy to prepare with just a few ingredients, and the result is a sweet and savory, perfectly cooked piece of salmon with a crunchy pecan topping that's hard to resist, even for people who don't love fish!
If you didn't think you liked salmon before, do yourself a favor and try this honey pecan salmon. Just make sure you start with a good filet of extra-fresh salmon and let the rest of the ingredients do the work. I promise you'll crave it from now on!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Honey Pecan Salmon
This sweet and savory honey pecan salmon is a simple and delicious way to include more heart-healthy seafood in your weeknight meals! (gluten-free, diary-free)
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: seafood
- 1 large salmon filet (about 1.5 lb)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- cayenne pepper, optional
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat and place salmon filet skin-side down. Squeeze the lemon on the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. If using, lightly dust the top with cayenne pepper to taste.
- Bake salmon 8-10 minutes (to medium rare, or longer if you prefer your salmon more done).
- Meanwhile, stir together honey and pecans in a small bowl.
- Turn oven up to broil. Remove salmon from the oven and spread the pecan mixture over the top. Return to the oven to broil 1-2 minutes, or until pecans are toasted and fish is cooked to your liking.
Keywords: pecan salmon, honey salmon