This easy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt only uses 4 ingredients and requires no churning! It’s a delicious high protein, lower sugar dessert anyone can enjoy!
I am all about the gorgeous summer cherries this year. Now that I have decided I like them, I just can’t get enough! Their deep red hue and natural sweetness are just begging to be made into a beautiful dessert.
The best thing to pair with seasonal cherries? Dark chocolate of course! That’s why I made you a super simple dessert with these two antioxidant-packed ingredients – Cherry Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt.
This frozen yogurt is the perfect dessert for when you are craving something sweet, but don’t want to heat up the oven, drag out a blender, or churn a bunch of ice cream. It’s so easy to make this delicious treat. All you need is 4 simple ingredients, a stove and a freezer – perfect!
This cherry chocolate chunk frozen yogurt also comes with a side of healthy benefits. It’s lower in sugar and high in protein thanks to a yogurt base, which also happens to be full of probiotics. Cherries and dark chocolate add tons of free-radical fighting antioxidants, and an amazing flavor. Use the best dark chocolate you can find for the most benefit and a deep, rich chocolate flavor.
To make this frozen yogurt, all you need to do is heat the cherries with a touch of honey, then swirl the mixture into the yogurt with the chocolate chunks. Then freeze the mixture, gently folding every 20 minutes or so until frozen.
The result is a creamy, dreamy frozen yogurt made with simple, wholesome ingredients and filled with delicious cherry and chocolate chunks. It’s the perfect frozen treat for hot summer months!
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt
This easy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt only uses 4 ingredients and requires no churning! It’s a delicious high protein, lower sugar dessert that you can feel good about!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 cups full-fat vanilla Greek yogurt (I like siggi’s)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- In a small saucepan, stir together cherries and honey. Heat mixture over low heat, covered, until cherries are softened and just start to boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a loaf pan or 8×8″ freezer-proof dish, swirl together yogurt, cherry mixture and chocolate.
- Freeze yogurt, stirring every 20 minutes until firm or your desired consistency, about 1-2 hours. The stirring prevent ice crystals from forming and results in a creamier frozen yogurt.
- Remove frozen yogurt from the freezer to thaw for 10-15 minutes before scooping.
You can also make this in an ice cream maker if you’d like. Just churn the yogurt according to manufacturer’s instructions, adding the cherry mixture and chocolate one the yogurt starts to freeze and thicken.
Keywords: frozen yogurt, cherry, chocolate
Love this recipe? PIN it!