Do you love the taste of creamy, cheesy fettuccine Alfredo? How about adding a spicy twist to it with blackened chicken? This blackened chicken Alfredo recipe is a flavorful and healthier alternative to traditional Alfredo sauce. It is sure to please your taste buds.
Why You'll Love this Blackened Chicken Alfredo Recipe
This blackened chicken Alfredo recipe is easy to make in under 30 minutes, and it's packed with flavor. The chicken is coated in a spice blend and then pan fried until it's nice and crispy. It's then placed on top of creamy (but healthier) fettuccine Alfredo. You can serve this dish with a side of roasted asparagus or a green salad for a complete meal. You're going to love how simple and delicious this recipe is.
Why Is this Chicken Alfredo Recipe Healthier?
This pasta dish is traditionally made with heavy cream, but substituting evaporated milk for the heavy cream makes the dish lighter and healthier. Using evaporated milk makes the recipe just as creamy but reduces the amount of fat and calories. It also increases the amount of protein.
One cup of heavy whipping cream has 809 calories, 7 grams of protein, and 86 grams of fat. One cup of evaporated milk has 338 calories, 9 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fat. That is a huge difference.
Evaporated milk contains much less fat than heavy cream. This means that it is lower in calories, can help you to maintain a healthy weight, and is better for your heart health. Evaporated milk is also a good source of calcium and other essential nutrients while heavy cream is not. So if you are looking for a healthier option, evaporated milk is the better choice.
How to Make Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- Coat both sides of the chicken breast with the salt and spice mix.
- Heat the olive oil in the grilling pan or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken breast for 3-4 minutes on each side without moving it so it can brown.
- While the chicken breast is cooking, cook the fettuccine to al dente according to the package directions.
- While the chicken and pasta are cooking, make the sauce: Add the butter to a medium-sized pan and press the garlic with a garlic press into the butter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic is golden and fragrant.
- Add the evaporated milk and Parmesan cheese and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Slice the blackened chicken breast and set it aside.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the sauce. Place the blackened chicken on top and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
Blackened Chicken Alfredo FAQs
What can I use if I don't have a grilling pan or cast iron skillet?
If you don't have a grilling pan or cast iron skillet, you can use a regular frying pan. Make sure the pan is big enough to fit all your food.
What can I use if I don't have a garlic press?
If you don't have a garlic press, you can use a knife to mince the garlic or a food processor to chop it. You can also use jarred minced garlic, which is available at most supermarkets.
How do I store leftovers?
Blackened chicken Alfredo is best eaten right after being cooked, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
Can I use whole wheat pasta?
Yes. Whole wheat pasta would be a healthier choice. They are higher in fiber, vitamins, and minerals than white pasta.
This blackened chicken Alfredo recipe is a delicious and easy way to get your fix of Italian food. It's packed with flavor, and the chicken is nice and crispy. The evaporated milk makes the sauce light and creamy, and it's a healthier alternative to heavy cream. Serve this dish with a green vegetable side or a green salad for a complete meal. You're going to love how simple and delicious this recipe is. Please let me know how you like it in the comments.Print
Blackened Chicken Alfredo—A Delicious and Spicy Twist on a Classic
Classic fettuccini Alfredo with the delicious addition of blackened chicken. Creamy and deliciously satisfying.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch/dinner/pasta/ chicken
- Cuisine: American
- ½ chicken breast (deboned and deskinned)
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning spices: oregano, black pepper, paprika, chili flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 oz fettuccini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- Start by seasoning the chicken breast on both sides with salt and spices. Coat well.
- Put the seasoned chicken breast in the grilling pan or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes on each side without moving it, so it can brown.
- While the chicken breast cooks cook the fettucini pasta according to the package instructions. Cook to aldente.
- While the chicken and the pasta are cooking make the sauce:
- In a medium-sized pan add the butter and press the garlic cloves over. Let cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Add the evaporated milk and the parmesan cheese and let cook for 3 more minutes.
- Slice the blackened chicken breast and set it aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, mix it with the sauce and serve it with half the chicken breast on top.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese on top.
This pasta dish is traditionally made with cream, but if you want a lighter version, evaporated milk gives an equally creamy but lighter version. It’s of course possible to do it with cream instead of evaporated milk.
This pasta dish is best eaten right after being made, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container.