This Parmesan crusted chicken might be the best chicken you will ever taste. The crispy Parmesan crust is a wonderful contrast to the tender chicken breast, making for a main dish you'll want to make again and again.
The recipe is simple, yet the end result is impressive and sure to impress your guests. Serve it with some roasted vegetables or your favorite side dish, and you have a meal that everyone will enjoy.
Why You'll Love this Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This chicken recipe is so easy to make, and it's always a big hit with my family and friends. The chicken comes out nice and crispy on the outside but juicy and tender on the inside. And the Parmesan cheese adds a delicious flavor.
I usually serve this chicken with some steamed vegetables and rice or potatoes. It also goes great with a salad or some roasted vegetables. This recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I need to make a quick and easy main dish. And it's perfect for a weeknight dinner or for guests.
Is this Recipe Healthier than Fried Chicken?
Yes, chicken that is cooked in an air fryer is healthier than chicken that is deep fried. Let's compare the two cooking methods. Fried chicken is cooked in oil, which can add a lot of extra calories and fat to the dish. The fat seeps into the breading.
This Parmesan crusted chicken recipe is air fried, so it doesn't require any additional oil. When you cook something in an air fryer, hot air circulates around the food and cooks it evenly — no oil necessary.
So if you're looking for a healthier option when it comes to fried chicken, air fried chicken may be the way to go. You might be surprised at how delicious and healthy it can be.
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Whisk the eggs and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the flour into another bowl.
- In a third bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, and chili flakes (if desired) and mix well.
- Dip each chicken fillet in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Place a few of the crusted chicken fillets in the basket, leaving enough space between them to ensure air circulation.
- Spray the chicken with more olive oil spray; cook at 392 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 7 minutes or until golden brown, flipping once midway through the cooking time.
- Serve the chicken with a salad or your preferred side dish.
Tips for Making Parmesan Crusted Chicken
There are a few things to keep in mind when making Parmesan crusted chicken:
- Use fresh grated Parmesan cheese. This will make all the difference in taste and texture.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices in the breading mixture. This is a great way to customize the flavor of your dish.
- Pat the chicken dry before dipping in the flour. Then press the breading onto the surface of the chicken so that it sticks.
- Spraying the air fryer basket before placing the chicken in the basket will prevent the chicken from sticking.
- This Parmesan crusted chicken is perfect to slice and add to salads.
- Homemade Baked Beans
- Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- Cara Cara Orange Arugula Salad
Parmesan Crusted Chicken FAQs
You can use any type of chicken for this recipe, but I recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin fillets.
You can store the fried fillets in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 2 minutes to restore the crispy crust.
Yes, you can bread the chicken and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before cooking. I don't recommend freezing the chicken after it has been breaded.
This Parmesan crusted chicken is a delicious and easy recipe that can be made in an air fryer. The chicken is juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and the cheese adds a delicious flavor. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy meal. If you're looking for a healthier option when it comes to fried chicken, air fried chicken is the way to go.Print
Parmesan crusted chicken
Super tasty and crispy chicken breast with a parmesan herbed crust to die for.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes per batch
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch/dinner/air fryer/ chicken
- Cuisine: International
- 1 pound chicken breast cut in fillets.
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil in spray
- Start by cracking the eggs and whisk them with the salt in a bowl.
- In a second bowl put the flour.
- In a third bowl mix the parmesan cheese, the breadcrumbs, and the herbs and mix well.
- Pass each fillet through the flour, then eggwash, then parmesan and breadcrumbs mix.
- Once all of the fillets have been crusted, spray the air fryer basket with some olive oil and place a few of the crusted chicken fillets leaving enough space in between to ensure the air circulating.
- Spray them with more olive oil and cook for 7 minutes or until golden at 392 F/ 200 C flipping through mid-cooking.
- Serve alongside a salad or your preferred side dish.
This parmesan-crusted chicken is perfect to slice and add to salads. The fried fillets can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 2 minutes.
Leave a Reply