Healthy Lemon Berry Quick Bread
This healthy lemon berry quick bread made with yogurt and whole wheat flour is full of fruit flavor and wholesome ingredients. It’s a delicious snack, breakfast or dessert! (nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 9x5" loaf 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (5.3 oz) container mixed berry Greek yogurt
For the glaze (optional):
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in lemon zest and berries. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, egg, buttermilk and yogurt. Add to well in the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth and drizzle over bread.
Keywords: healthy lemon quick bread, healthy berry quick bread