Delicious Tahini Roasted Cauliflower is a fun side dish to help you get more veggies, (gluten-free, vegan).
With the start of the new year, many people are trying to get healthier, including myself! One of the easiest ways to improve you diet is to include more veggies. Vegetables are loaded with fiber, lots of different vitamins and minerals, and even antioxidants! It’s best to get a variety to reap all of the benefits of different veggies. But sometimes eating vegetables the same way all of the time can put you in a rut. I mean, you can only eat steamed broccoli and raw carrot sticks so many times before you want to give up and eat a pizza, right?
My solution is to add tons of flavor to vegetables to make them super delicious so that I want to eat them all the time! One of my favorite ways to inject tons of flavor into veggies is to roast them in the oven. I love the way roasting brings out a deeper, slightly sweet flavor to vegetables. It also makes them crunchy and crispy. Not at all like the limp, sulfuric tasting veggies that have had all the goodness boiled right out of them. Plus, roasting is so easy to do! This Tahini Roasted Cauliflower uses the same roasting method I use for almost any vegetable, plus it has a super flavorful addition of tahini.
I love the way the sweet, nutty taste of tahini complements the roasted cauliflower in this recipe. The first time I made tahini roasted cauliflower, I couldn’t stop eating it! (Like I said, it really helps when you actually want to eat your veggies!) And it’s so easy to make. Just chop a head of cauliflower, toss with tahini, lemon and a touch of salt and pepper, and then roast on a cookie sheet. I like to drizzle with a little extra tahini when it comes out of the oven and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top, too.
Give this tahini roasted cauliflower a try. Pretty soon you’ll be popping these babies in your mouth like candy! As always, snap a picture of any of my recipes you make and share them using @livelytable and #livelytable!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
Delicious Tahini Roasted Cauliflower is a fun side dish to help you get more veggies! (gluten-free, vegan).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3-5 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra tahini, for drizzling (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Chop 1 head of cauliflower into florets. (Chop and use stems, too). Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice and oil. Add tahini sauce to cauliflower and toss until all of the cauliflower is coated evenly.
- Spread cauliflower onto lined cookie sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until lightly brown but not still slightly firm.
- Turn oven up to broil and broil for about 5 minutes, or until nicely browned. Watch closely!
- Remove from oven and drizzle with additional tahini and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving (optional).
Keywords: tahini cauliflower