Healthy and delicious salmon quinoa burgers made with fresh salmon and quinoa, topped with a yogurt dill sauce are a nutritious change-up for dinner!
Have you ever wanted a healthier burger that isn't a veggie burger or turkey burger (which really aren't all that healthy, but that's a story for another day)? If you're my husband, the answer is a resounding 'NO!' But for me, the answer is 'Yes, please!' Frankly, I'm a little tired of grilled chicken sandwiches. So I came up with these Salmon Quinoa Burgers to help a sister out.
I see that face you're making. My husband made the same face when I told him I was making a burger out of salmon and quinoa. But that was before he tried them. And then requested them for dinner the next night. And then for the football game-watching party two days later. Yep, my beef-loving manly man loved these babies too. So stop making that face.
They are pretty easy to make and don't even require a grill. I use the Meat Grinder attachment on my KitchenAid to grind the salmon and veggies all together, but a food processor on a slow pulse would work fine too. Then just mix in the quinoa and cook in a skillet!
I find it easier to make a big batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week and keep in the fridge for recipes like this one (and my Quinoa Pancakes!) or to use it in my lunch. It's an easy way to add more whole grains to my diet and it's much less work than cooking quinoa every time I need it, which is pretty often these days.
I like to serve Salmon Quinoa Burgers on a whole wheat ciabatta bun. Topped with some peppery arugula, red onion, and my fresh dill and feta sauce, these salmon burgers are so flavorful, you won't even miss your regular old beef burger. And you definitely won't miss the turkey burger!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Easy Quinoa Salmon Burgers
Easy and healthy 6-ingredient quinoa salmon burgers made with canned salmon and topped with a yogurt dill sauce are a simple, nutritious change-up for dinner! (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 burgers 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 12 oz canned salmon, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or dill paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil, for cooking
For the dill yogurt sauce:
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- Juice from ½ large lemon
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 8 whole wheat buns**
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- crumbled feta cheese
- Add all burger ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well to incorporate into mixture. I use my hands.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stove. Form patties with salmon mixture and place onto the skillet. Let patties cook until bottoms are slightly browned and then carefully flip to cook the other side until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare sauce. Mix together greek yogurt, lemon juice, and dill. Set aside.
- Thinly slice red onion and cut buns in half and toast them if you'd like.
- Once salmon patties are cooked, assemble burgers: Place a small handful of arugula, a few slices of onion, and a sprinkle of feta on the bottom bun. Add salmon patty and top with 1 tablespoon dill sauce. Top with other half of bun, and serve!
- Use your favorite gluten-free buns for gluten-free.
- To use fresh salmon, process 1 lb salmon (skin removed) in the food processor, then proceed with the recipe. The patties will take longer too cook than with canned salmon.
- These burgers are also delicious with homemade tzatziki sauce!
Keywords: salmon quinoa burgers, salmon burgers with quinoa, mediterranean salmon burgers