Deliciously fudgy mini peanut butter cup brownies are the perfect mini dessert for when you need just a little something chocolatey and sweet!
Think you've had enough sweet treats between Halloween and all of the yummy monster cookies, cocktails and pumpkin cheesecake I've been posting? Well, that's too bad, because I've got another delicious treat coming at you today, and it's the perfect recipe for using up all of those Halloween peanut butter cups. So go raid your kiddo's candy stash and get ready for the most delicious, fudgy, and adorably cute brownies you've ever had! And not to worry, they are mini, so you can indulge responsibly!
My mom used to make these peanut butter cup brownies when I was young for me and my friends. She was the best carpool mom, taking us from school to cheer practice, to the movies, and everywhere in between. She was the best for a few reasons. First, she had a giant SUV that was great for cramming 6 girls and all of our junk into. I then took that SUV to college. Her name was Bertha and she was very good to me. I digress. Second, because she brought the best snacks.
Most moms would bring tiny bags of chips and fruit roll-ups (not the cool-mom homemade-real-fruit-roll-ups, the junky sugary packaged kind where you don't know where the plastic ends and the sugar begins). Not Mel. She brought homemade rice crispy treats, fresh fruit, and yummy peanut butter cup brownies. Mom of the year (or 18 years) doesn't even begin to cut it.
My memory of these was always of a super fudgy and dense brownie with a peanut butter cup pushed directly into the center while it was still hot for oh-so-wonderful, melty chocolate and peanut butter center.
Recreating these mini peanut butter cup brownies without using a box mix was no easy task. I tried about 5 different recipes and went through a few bags of peanut butter cups. And because I can't bear to throw away food, I've still got a few baggies of not-quite-right brownies in the freezer. Who knows when they'll be eaten. But the chase was worth it. These little peanut butter cup filled brownies are rich, fudgy, decadent and everything I remembered they were. They are the perfect tiny treat for when you need a little something sweet!
PS: Thanks for all the carpool rides and the best snacks, Mom!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Mini Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Deliciously fudgy mini peanut butter cup brownies are the perfect mini desserts for when you need just a little something sweet and chocolately!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 28 mini brownies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 28 mini peanut butter cups ( I use dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a mini muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate by microwaving in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Add sugar, coffee granules and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla and eggs until combined. Gently stir in flour, careful not to overmix.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin with a small scoop. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Careful not to over-bake or the peanut butter cups will be hard to push in!
- Remove brownies from oven and immediately insert a peanut butter cup into the center of each brownie by pushing the smaller end directly into the top of each one. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.
Keywords: chocolate and peanut butter dessert, brownie peanut butter cups