Looking for a delicious way to start your day? Why not try these amazing strawberry muffins? Loaded with fresh strawberries, these muffins are sure to tempt your taste buds. Best of all, they're easy to make and only need a few simple ingredients. They are perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert. The recipe is simple and easy to follow, and the results are mouthwatering.
Why You'll Love these Strawberry Muffins Made with Greek Yogurt
These strawberry muffins are light, fluffy, and full of fresh strawberry flavor. The Greek yogurt gives them a delicious tanginess that takes them over the top.
You'll love how simple they are to make too. Mix up the batter, fold in some chopped strawberries, and bake. In a little over 30 minutes you'll have fresh homemade muffins to enjoy. And since they're easy to make, they are perfect for breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
The best part about these muffins is that they're made with Greek yogurt. The yogurt adds so much flavor and moisture to the muffins without making them heavy or dense. If you've never baked with Greek yogurt before, you're in for a treat.
Is this Recipe Healthy?
The fresh strawberries and Greek yogurt make this a healthier strawberry muffin recipe.
Strawberries also contain vitamins C and K as well as fiber and manganese. All of these nutrients are important for your health.
- Greek yogurt
There are a few reasons why Greek yogurt is healthy. First, it is a good source of protein. So it adds a lot of protein to these otherwise high carbohydrate muffins.
Second, Greek yogurt contains probiotics. These are live bacteria that can help improve your digestion and overall gut health.
Finally, Greek yogurt is a good source of calcium, which is important for bone health.
- Other changes
You can make this recipe even healthier by substituting half of the white flour with whole wheat flour. You can also decrease the amount of sugar for a less sweet muffin with fewer calories.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wash the strawberries and dice them into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, melt the butter and whisk together the egg and melted butter. Add the Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well combined. Mix until you have a soft texture with no lumps. If your batter is too dry, add a splash of milk to achieve a softer batter.
- Mix the diced strawberries into the batter mixture.
- Place cupcake liners into the muffin tin cups.
- Pour the batter evenly into each of the cupcake liners.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes until the cupcakes have risen and are golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Muffins
When it comes to making the best strawberry muffins, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- Make sure that your strawberries are ripe and fresh. This will ensure that they're nice and sweet, which is essential for creating delicious muffins. If you have strawberries that are soft and close to going bad, they are perfect for this recipe.
- Depending on your type of yogurt and the egg size, you might need to add some milk to the batter to achieve the perfect consistency. It shouldn’t be too runny nor too stiff but something in between. It’s best to keep adding splash by splash until you achieve the perfect consistency.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and flavorings. Adding a bit of lemon zest or almond extract can take these muffins to the next level.
More Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Pecan Cardamom Pear Streusel Muffins
- Healthier Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Trail Mix Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Whole Grain Cranberry Orange Crumb Muffins
Strawberry Muffins FAQs
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries. There's no need to thaw them first; add them straight from the freezer to the batter. Be sure to chop them into small pieces.
Yes, you can use a different type of fruit in these muffins. Be sure to adjust the amount of sugar you add to the batter as some fruits are sweeter than others.
You can use whole milk, nonfat, or low-fat Greek yogurt, but the results will be slightly different. The higher fat content in the whole milk yogurt will make for a more moist and rich muffin, while the nonfat or low-fat versions will produce a lighter muffin. If you are looking for a health conscious option, nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt is the way to go.
These strawberry muffins are a bit moist on the inside due to the strawberry bits, so they are best consumed as soon as possible after baking. But you can keep them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
These strawberry muffins are a delicious and easy treat that you can enjoy any time of day. They are super easy, fluffy, and delicious. With a few simple tips, you can make them even better. You can also experiment with different ingredients and flavorings to find your perfect combination. So what are you waiting for? Start baking.Print
Fresh Strawberry Muffins to Tempt Your Tastebuds
Super easy, fluffy, and delicious strawberry and greek yogurt muffins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: baking/sweets
- Cuisine: International
- 1 ½ cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries (diced)
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup milk (optional)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- Start by preheating the oven at 395 F/ 200 C
- washing the strawberries and dicing them into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl crack the egg, add the butter and whisk it. Add the greek yogurt to it and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture and mix well until well combined and a soft texture with no lumps is achieved. Depending on whether your batter is too dry, add a splash of milk to the mixture to achieve a softer batter.
- Mix the diced strawberries into the batter mixture.
- Prep the cupcake mold with cupcake cups.
- Pour the batter into each of the cupcake cups.
- Bake at 374 F/190 C for 20 minutes until the cupcakes have risen and are golden.
- Let cool down and enjoy!
Depending on your type of yogurt and the egg size, you might need to add some milk to the batter to achieve the perfect consistency. It shouldn’t be too runny nor too stiff but something in between. It’s best to keep adding splash by splash until you achieve the perfect consistency.
These strawberry muffins are a bit moist in the interior due to the presence of strawberry bits, so are best consumed asap in the following days (max 3) Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.