Easy Skillet Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze are a quick and tasty way to cook pork chops at home! You only need 6 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this healthy weeknight dinner. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
Does anyone else forget about pork? I know some people avoid it because it gets a bad health rep (bacon, sausage, ribs…) and others avoid it for religious reasons, but I don’t avoid it at all! I simply forget about it most of the time.
But lately, I’ve been buying it a little more often. Mostly because my husband loves a good pork chop or tenderloin, but also because it is so affordable! I’ve been finding super-lean center-cut pork chops very inexpensively, so why not?! As long as you stick with a lean center-cut piece, pork is an excellent source of lean protein.
My husband is super excited when I buy pork chops because that means he gets to use his cast-iron skillet. He’s been perfecting the art of cooking a nice cut of meat in the skillet, and I’m not one bit mad. He cooks AND cleans up – I’m not allowed to clean the skillet for fear of messing up his beautiful seasoning. Plus, he’s gotten pretty darn good at it.
What makes this dish so amazing is that not only is it super tasty, but it’s so easy! It’s only 6 ingredients, and takes just a few minutes to cook and one dish – the skillet! Plus, you finish the sauce right there in the skillet. The result is deliciously tender pork with a nice crust and a luxurious, flavorful balsamic drizzle. It’s a beautiful and impressive dish that takes literally no time or effort. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight when you want something tasty but doesn’t want to work too hard.
The secret to cooking your pork chops perfectly is the heat. You’ve got to get your skillet screaming hot to sear the meat, and then continue to cook it under the broiler for a chop that is nice and seared on the outside, yet juicy and tender on the inside. Don’t forget to rest it for a few minutes to lock in those juices! Then top with the super easy balsamic reduction (just cook some balsamic vinegar right there in the skillet until it’s thick), and you’ve got dinner handled like Olivia Pope.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Easy Skillet Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze
Easy Skillet Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze are a quick and tasty way to cook pork chops at home! You only need 6 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this healthy, delicious dinner. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: broiled
- Cuisine: American
- 2 4-oz center cut pork chops
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat a cast iron skillet under the broiler (550° F) until it is hot. Bring pork chops to room temperature and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Once skillet is hot, move it to the stovetop over high heat. Add olive oil to coat the pan.
- Sear pork chops for 30 seconds on each side. Move skillet back under broiler and cook an additional 1-2 minutes per side depending on thickness (cook thicker chops longer). Remove from oven and let chops rest on a plate covered in foil, about 10 minutes. Move skillet back to stovetop over medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary and deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar, scraping up the browned bits. Let cook until the vinegar has reduced into a glaze. Discard garlic and rosemary.
- Plate each pork chop and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Keywords: balsamic pork chops, skillet pork chops, easy pork chops