Step up your side dish game with crispy bourbon brown sugar roasted brussels sprouts with bacon! They’re the most delicious brussels sprout recipe, and they turn even the pickiest eater into a brussels sprout fan. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
When it comes to Thanksgiving, I am very much a traditionalist. I like my Thanksgiving meal to be exactly how it always was growing up – turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, peas, even the blueberry jello my mom makes. Any deviation from the menu makes me a little grumpy because I love Thanksgiving so much.
Even think about saying the word ‘cauliflower’ and you are uninvited to Thanksgiving. Want low-carb? Eat your non-carbs somewhere else. I’m eating all the glorious Thanksgiving carbs.
But the past couple of years, there has been one welcome addition that has become a Thanksgiving side dish staple:
Bourbon brown sugar roasted brussels sprouts with bacon.
Ever since I introduced these delicious crispy brussels sprouts to the family holiday table, I am not allowed to not bring them. It’s not even a question anymore. It’s just ‘Kaleigh, you’re bringing brussels sprouts.’ And I’m not mad.
These bourbon brown sugar roasted brussels sprouts with bacon are truly the most delicious vegetable side dish on the planet. With bacon, bourbon, AND brown sugar, how can they not be? They’re roasted up crispy (no soggy brussels here!) and the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Seriously, guys. These brussels sprouts even transform vegetable haters. I made them last year for Thanksgiving, and even Mr. Table’s vegetable-hating family members loved them. They’re that good.
If you want to be the hero of Thanksgiving (and Christmas, and every other holiday and non-holiday eating occasion), make these crispy bourbon brown sugar roasted brussels sprouts with bacon. You’ll never be able to bring another side dish again. Not that you’d want to.Print
Crispy Bourbon Brown Sugar Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Step up your side dish game with crispy bourbon brown sugar roasted brussels sprouts with bacon! They’re the most delicious brussels sprout recipe ever, and they turn even the pickiest eater into a brussels sprout fan. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: side dish
- 2 strips applewood smoked bacon
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cook bacon in a large cast-iron or oven-safe skillet until just cooked. It should not be crispy, or it will over-cook later. Remove from skillet and crumble. Leave the fat in the skillet.
- Turn the oven broiler on.
- Add brussels sprouts, shallot and garlic to the skillet. Sautee on medium heat until brussels sprouts are bright green, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, bourbon, brown sugar, and bacon. Stir to coat, then transfer skillet to the oven.
- Broil 10 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are crispy. Watch carefully so that they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Keywords: brussels sprouts, bacon, Thanksgiving
Love this recipe? PIN it!