Get plenty of protein, fiber, and whole grains in a healthy and delicious 3 Bean Quinoa Salad! It’s a great vegan and gluten-free side for a summer barbecue or on its own for a filling lunch.
Question: What’s better than one bean? Three beans! And when they’re combined with whole grain quinoa, it’s a party! At least that’s what your mouth will think when you try this delicious 3 Bean Quinoa Salad.
My husband loves quinoa salad of any kind. I often use up leftover cooked quinoa by mixing it with fresh veggies and an easy homemade vinaigrette to eat for lunch or as a quick side to go with dinners. It’s super refreshing on a busy night, especially when it’s hot and we don’t want to do much cooking.
The same goes for this delicious 3 Bean Quinoa salad. Not only is it so simple to whip up and keep in the refrigerator for lunches or weeknight dinners, but it takes very little effort and minimal heating of your kitchen.
This 3 Bean Quinoa Salad is a delicious vegan and gluten-free option to take to summer cookouts or to eat on its own for lunch. If you’re looking for a healthier option to take to a summer time barbecue, this salad is perfect. I personally love it with some grilled chicken or fish and fresh greens, but it’s super filling on its own thanks to 9 g of plant protein and plenty of fiber!
Get plenty of protein, fiber, and whole grains in a healthy and delicious 3 Bean Quinoa Salad! It's a great vegan and gluten free side for a summer barbecue or on it's own for a filling lunch.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1 can (15 oz) no salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) no salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, rinsed and drained beans, onion, peppers, celery, and herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to bean mixture and stir to coat.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Love this recipe? PIN it!