Thai Chicken Salad Spring Rolls – Healthy spring rolls filled with a flavorful Thai chicken salad are the perfect lunch or snack!
These Thai Chicken Salad Spring Rolls are perfect for summer, especially if you have leftover chicken, because you don’t have to cook anything! I love using leftover chicken to make chicken salad to bring for lunch at work or school, but sometimes the same old chicken salad recipe gets boring. I was getting pretty tired of my standard recipe, so I came up with this Thai version.
These cool spring rolls are so refreshing on hot days. The crunchy vegetables and the freshness of the cilantro and mint really stand out against the peanut ginger sauce, and the chili sauce gives it just enough kick to keep it interesting! They are the perfect light lunch or snack.
If you’ve never tried making spring rolls at home, I encourage you to try. It is so easy. Just dip the rice paper (found in the Asian aisle of most grocery stores or or on Amazon) into warm water, flatten and fill with yummy fillings (like this delicious chicken salad, obviously) and then roll up like a burrito.
I like the keep these Thai Chicken Salad Spring Rolls in the fridge wrapped in a damp paper towel to keep them moist, as they dry out quickly. That way you can make a few of them and keep them ready to go to pack a quick lunch. I serve them with a sriracha mayo (made with greek yogurt, of course) or simply make a little extra of the dressing to dip.
Thai Chicken Salad Spring Rolls - Healthy spring rolls filled with a flavorful Thai chicken salad are the perfect lunch or snack!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (1 boneless skinless breast)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot (1 large)
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Splash soy sauce
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 8 leaves of soft lettuce, like butter or bibb lettuce, ribs removed
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, red pepper, green onion, and carrots. Roughly chop cilantro and mint leaves. Add herbs and peanuts to chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour into chicken mixture and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate chicken salad until ready to use.
- Place one sheet of rice paper in warm water and let it soften for about 1 minute. I like to leave a skillet of water on low over the stove. Remove with tongs and lay flat on a clean, smooth work surface, such as a plastic cutting board.
- Place one lettuce leaf in the center of the rice paper. Scoop about 1/4 cup of chicken salad on top of the lettuce, forming a line down the middle.
- To wrap, fold one long side of the rice paper over the center, then fold in the two short sides. Roll it up from the folded long side until it is completely wrapped, like you are making a burrito.
- Repeat with remaining rice paper and ingredients. Store in the refrigerator wrapped in damp paper towels to retain moisture (I don’t like my spring rolls dried out and crunchy).
- Serve with Sriracha Mayo for dipping (optional): Combine 1/4 cup mayo or greek yogurt with 1/4-1/2 tsp of sriracha and 1 tsp lime juice. Add more sriracha to taste (if you are brave!).