This grilled salmon recipe is the perfect way to liven up any dinner. The simple marinade of honey and soy sauce adds the right amount of flavor without overpowering the delicate taste of the grilled salmon. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a light salad for a healthy easy meal.
Why You'll Love this Grilled Salmon
This grilled salmon recipe is sure to be a hit. The marinade is quick and easy to make, taking only minutes to prepare. It gives the salmon a sweet and savory flavor to complement the salmon. Make your sides while the salmon is marinating, cook the fish for a few minutes, and dinner is ready.
Is this Recipe Healthy?
Salmon is one of the most nutritious seafood choices you can make and has many benefits for your body. It contains high levels of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that protect the body from damaging free radicals.
- Protein - Salmon is a high-protein food. Protein produces hormones and enzymes and is necessary to build muscle and heal wounds.
- Omega-3 fatty acids - Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health, brain development, and reducing inflammation in the body.
It is also low in calories and saturated fat making it an excellent source of nutrition. Research has also shown it to be beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with arthritis and depression. For these reasons, salmon can be an important part of a balanced diet for people of all ages.
How to Make Grilled Salmon with a Honey and Soy Sauce Marinade
- Peel the garlic. Press them with a garlic press or mince them with a knife into the mixing bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, and chili flakes. Mix everything well and continue mixing until the honey dissolves.
- Add the salmon fillets to the bowl and coat them well with the marinade. Allow them to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in the grill pan. Add the marinated salmon fillets to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with quinoa or rice and a side salad, if desired.
Tips and Variations for Grilled Salmon
Grilling salmon is a great way to cook the fish, but it can be tricky to get just right. Here are some tips for achieving perfect grilled salmon.
- Make sure you have fresh, high-quality fish. This will make all the difference in your result.
- Preheat your grill pan before placing your fish on it so the heat is consistent throughout the cooking process.
- Be careful not to overcook the salmon as this can cause the fish to become dry and tough. The inside should look opaque pink (less cooked) or opaque orange (more cooked) but never transparent (raw).
- Depending on how thick your salmon fillets are, you might need to cook them a little longer or shorter.
- Try different seasonings for the salmon, such as dill, parsley, or paprika. The variations are limitless.
- Serve the grilled salmon with roasted vegetables, salad, quinoa, lentils, and/or rice for the perfect well-balanced plate.
More Fish Recipes
- Easy Pan Seared Halibut
- The Best Garlic Cilantro Salmon
- Lemon Asparagus Fish En Papillote
- Easy Honey Pecan Baked Salmon
Grilled Salmon FAQs
Yes, you can substitute low-sodium soy sauce for the regular soy sauce. Low-sodium soy sauce will provide a healthier alternative if you are watching your sodium intake. Low-sodium soy sauce still provides the same umami flavor of regular soy sauce, making it a great option for the marinade.
There are several alternatives to using a grill pan when grilling salmon. One option is to use your outdoor barbecue grill, either gas or charcoal, with the salmon placed on the grate. Be sure to oil the grate before adding your fish and turn it often for even cooking. You can also try wrapping the fish in aluminum foil and cooking it on the grill. This will help prevent the salmon from sticking. If you don't have access to an outdoor grill, you can also use a cast-iron skillet and follow the recipe as written.
According to the USDA, salmon should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). The fish should be opaque throughout and flake easily with a fork.
Grilled salmon with a quick honey and soy sauce marinade is a quick and easy dish that can be enjoyed by all. It is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Not only does grilled salmon taste good,but it also provides numerous health benefits. With its simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, this grilled salmon is sure to become a favorite.Print
Grilled Salmon with a Quick Honey and Soy Sauce Marinade
Grilled salmon cooked to perfection with a quick marinade of honey and soy sauce. Tender, juicy and bursting with flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1:30 hours
- Total Time: 59 minute
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: fish /main meals /quick lunch or dinner
- Cuisine: Asian inspired
4 salmon fillets
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
a pinch of chili flakes
Peel the garlic cloves and grate or press them into the mixing bowl.
Add the soy sauce, honey, and chili flakes and mix everything well making sure to dissolve the honey.
Add the salmon fillets into the bowl and make sure to coat them well with the marinade. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
Add some olive oil to the grilling pan and once hot, add the marinated salmon fillets into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve with some quinoa or rice and a side salad.
I try to catch the garlic pieces and add it into the pan over the salmon fillets, so no flavor is wasted.
Depending on how thick your salmon fillets are you might need more or less time cooking them, to know when they are ready, open one and the insides should be looking opaque pink (less cooked) or opaque orange (totally cooked), but never transparent (raw)
Serve this delicious grilled salmon with a quick salad of choice and some quinoa, lentils or rice for the perfect super well-balanced plate.