Healthier gingerbread cream cheese blondies are the perfect holiday treat! Plus a stucking stuffer gift guide for foodies!
I have two holiday treats for you today! The first is a recipe for these yummy Gingerbread Cream Cheese Blondies (made healthier, of course) that are perfect for Christmas! The second is my Foodie Gift Guide for Stocking Stuffers!
First the gingerbread cream cheese blondies. Gingerbread is a classic holiday treat, and since my husband loves blondies, I thought I would make some that were extra-festive with a gingerbread base and a delicious swirl of cream cheese!
Of course, I also tried to make them a little easier on your waistline by using low fat cream cheese, nonfat greek yogurt, and applesauce in place of some of the butter (but not all of it, of course)! I use whole wheat flour in these, too, but use any flour you’d like to make these fit your dietary needs (gluten-free, etc).
These gingerbread blondies go perfect with hot cocoa or cider. Or a glass of my Apple Cider Sangria, if your feeling very festive! They aren’t overly sweet, which I prefer. If you like a very sweet dessert, you may add more brown sugar to suit your taste.
Gingerbread Cream Cheese Blondies + Stocking Stuffers
Healthier gingerbread cream cheese blondies are the perfect holiday treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 blondies
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- Pinch salt
For the cream cheese swirl:
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a square 8″x 8″ baking dish with parchment or grease well.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, applesauce, sugar, molasses, egg, vanilla and ginger. Stir until well mixed.
- Sift in dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, blend cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls onto gingerbread batter and then use a knife to make swirls in the two batters.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool before cutting into squares.
And! Now for my Stocking Stuffer Foodie Gift Guide! These are all fun little items that I either have and love or would love to get in my stocking! They are the perfect addition to any gift, or the last perfect touch for your Foodie’s stocking.
- Whiskey Stones Great for any whiskey lover.
- Cast-Iron Garlic Roaster This little guy makes it easy to roast and squeeze a whole head of garlic.
- Corkcicle Air 4-in-1 Chiller, Aerator, Pourer, Stopper Perfect for the wino, I just discovered this awesome device!
- Instant Read BBQ Meat Thermometer A must-have in any kitchen.
- Herb Stripping Tool Makes stripping herbs and kale super quick and easy!
- Food Huggers Reusable Silicone Food Savers I adore these! No more throwing away tons of plastic baggies, just cover your half-used produce with one of these! (They also make an avocado one- perfect!)
Go forth and gift with confidence!