Blackberry BBQ Chicken Flatbread
Change up pizza night and use up leftover chicken with this sweet and savory blackberry BBQ chicken flatbread! Make it on the grill or bake it in a hot oven for a quick and delicious summer dinner or appetizer in under 30 minutes.
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 flatbread 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 unbaked pizza dough (I use my whole wheat pizza dough)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce of choice (try my homemade Texas BBQ sauce!)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved red onion
- 4 oz grilled chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (leftover chicken is great for this!)
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- fresh arugula, for topping (optional)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 500° F. (Or, if you're using a grill, preheat the pizza stone in it to 500°F.)
- Roll out the dough into a thin circle on a piece of parchment.
- Spread BBQ sauce onto the dough. Top with torn mozzarella cheese, sliced onion, chicken, and berries.
- Carefully transfer parchment to preheated pizza stone. Bake (in the oven or grill) for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and pizza crust is crisp. If you're using the grill, yo may remove the pizza from the parchment and place it directly on the grill for a few minutes at the end, if you'd like.
- Remove pizza from the oven and sprinkle with arugula and drizzle with more BBQ sauce. Cut and serve.
- If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a sturdy baking sheet turned upside-down.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment to make rolling easier.
- If you're grilling the pizza, remove it from the parchment and place it directly on the grill for the last few minutes of cooking.
- I like to use fresh mozzarella torn into little pieces, but you can also use shredded mozzarella if that's what you have.
- Adjust the amount of sauce and cheese to suit your taste.
Keywords: BBQ chicken flatbread, blackberry chicken flatbread, blackberry bbq chicken pizza