A delicious gluten-free grilled corn and goat cheese flatbread pizza featuring the best of summer produce, creamy goat cheese, and a whole grain crispy crust finished on the grill for the perfect warm weather meal or appetizer!
What is the best way to combine all the flavors of summer? You could make a salad, if you want. Or, you could make something way better. You could make PIZZA.
This Grilled Corn and Goat Cheese Flatbread is the ultimate way to enjoy sweet summer corn and juicy red tomatoes, made on your backyard grill for the most delicious summer treat! The combo of creamy goat cheese and savory feta are perfect compliments to grilled corn and fresh cherry tomatoes. Topped with fresh basil and arugula, this flatbread pizza is a summer treat that is impossible to resist.
And let’s just talk about the crust for a minute. It’s super crispy and crunchy if you roll it out super thin into a flatbread like I did, but you can also leave it a little thicker for a fluffier thick crust. Oh, and it’s gluten-free AND whole grain!
I don’t typically follow a gluten-free diet, and actually kind of shy away from gluten-free baked goods because I tend to find them kind of awkwardly textured and overpriced. I received a sample of this Whole Note Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix in a shipment from My Texas Market, and my husband and I LOVED it! It’s so easy to make, is full of healthy ingredients like brown rice, buckwheat, millet, and oat flours, and most importantly, it tastes delicious! My hubby wanted me to order more right away! Since we moved away from the town where we bought our favorite thin crusts for pizza, this has become our new go-to for pizza night.
The yummy crispy crust is perfect with grilled summer corn, tomatoes, and goat cheese, and tastes amazing when finished on the grill (see that charred crust? I’m not mad.) for the ultimate summer experience. Take dinner outside tonight and enjoy this delicious grilled corn and goat cheese flatbread pizza, a fresh salad, and a nice glass of white wine for the most relaxing Friday evening pizza night. Cheers!
A delicious gluten free grilled corn and goat cheese flatbread pizza featuring the best of summer produce, creamy goat cheese, and a whole grain crispy crust finished on the grill for the perfect warm-weather meal or appetizer!
- 1 Whole Note Gluten Free pizza crust
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 basil leaves
- Handful arugula leaves
- Prepare pizza crust according to package directions.
- To grill corn, spray or brush with olive oil and grill on high heat, turning until all sides are slightly charred. Remove from grill and slice kernels off of the cob once cooled.
- Top pizza: drizzle olive oil over the prepared crust. Sprinkle with garlic, grilled corn, tomatoes, goat cheese, and feta. Remove pizza crust from pizza stone or pan and place on the grill over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, or until crust is crispy. (You can also bake it in the oven, directly on the rack at 400° F.)
- Remove pizza from grill and top with basil and arugula. Drizzle with more olive oil (optional) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut into squares and enjoy immediately!
Disclosure: I was provided a sample of Whole Note Gluten Free Pizza Crust baking mix. I was not compensated for my time. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table going!