Enjoy a festive snack this holiday season with an easy vanilla peppermint smoothie, made with just 3 ingredients!
The holiday season always seems to be the busiest, most crazy part of the year. When things get hectic, it’s more important than ever to make smart food choices to nourish your body and keep you fueled. I always make sure to eat regular meals and keep plenty of snacks handy so I'm not running on empty. This delicious smoothie is a perfect snack to help you feel festive and energized during the busy holiday season!
Why You'll Love This Smoothie
This vanilla peppermint smoothie is so quick and easy to whip up with just three ingredients, and it tastes like Christmas! With the goodness of protein- and probiotic-rich Greek yogurt, it's also a great way to nourish your body so you can power through those busy days. There are also plenty of ways to customize this smoothie to help meet your nutritional needs.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Peppermint extract
How To Make It
Blend everything together in a high speed blender until smooth. Sprinkle with crushed peppermints and enjoy!
Tip: Crush peppermints or candy canes in the wrapper using a rolling pin!
- To make this smoothie more meal-appropriate, you can bump up the protein with a scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla or plain).
- You can also add more nutrition boosters with a couple tablespoons of quick oats, a tablespoon of ground flaxseed or a tablespoon of chia seeds.
- For a lower sugar version, use plain Greek yogurt and add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Sweeten to taste with your favorite liquid sweetener.
- Try adding a few dark chocolate chips in the last few seconds of blending for a peppermint chocolate chip version!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a star rating in the comments below!Print
Vanilla Peppermint Smoothie
Enjoy a festive snack this holiday season with an easy vanilla peppermint smoothie, made with just a few ingredients! (nut-free, gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- Category: smoothie
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup ice
- ¼- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint for topping
- optional add-ins: 1 scoop protein powder (plain or vanilla), 2 tablespoon quick oats, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with crushed peppermints (optional).
- The vanilla flavor will heavily depend on the yogurt you use, I prefer a super thick, naturally flavored vanilla yogurt, such as siggi's.
- For a lower sugar version, use plain Greek yogurt instead of vanilla flavored and add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- For an extra treat, add a few dark chocolate chips in the last few seconds of blending!
Keywords: peppermint smoothie, vanilla peppermint smoothie, candy cane smoothie
Leave a Reply