Do you sometimes feel like your chicken dishes are a bit too bland? If so, it might be time to start using a marinade. A good marinade can add flavor and moisture to your chicken, and it's a great way to experiment with new flavors. This Greek chicken marinade is the perfect solution for bland chicken. It's easy to make and tastes amazing. And you can use it on any type of chicken.
Why You Will Love this Greek Chicken Marinade
This Greek chicken marinade recipe is healthy, flavorful, and so easy to make. The marinade is made with Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, oregano, rosemary, parsley, and salt. It's the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
You can also meal prep it ahead of time, and it's great for leftovers. This recipe is versatile because you can use it on any type of chicken, and you can cook it on the grill, in the oven, or in a pan on the stove.
Why Is this Greek Chicken Marinade Healthy?
When it comes to marinades, there are a lot of different ingredients that you can use. But not all of them are going to be healthy for you. This Greek chicken marinade is made with Greek yogurt and olive oil, which are both healthy ingredients.
- Greek yogurt
There are a few reasons why Greek yogurt is healthy. First, it's a great source of protein. Second, Greek yogurt provides calcium and vitamin D, which are important for bone health. Finally, Greek yogurt contains probiotics, which are good bacteria that can improve your gut health.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is healthy because it contains monounsaturated fats. These are the "good" fats that can help lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease. Olive oil also has antioxidants, which fight against free radicals in your body. To get the most health benefits from olive oil, choose extra-virgin olive oil. It is the least processed type of olive oil, so it retains the most antioxidants.
How to Make the Greek Chicken Marinade
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips or cutlets. Mince the garlic cloves.
- Combine the chicken, Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, dried herbs, and salt in a bowl.
- Zest 2 teaspoons of lemon zest into the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the pan and add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes, flipping several times.
More Marinade Recipes You'll Love
- Maple Thyme Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Thai Coconut Grilled Chicken Tenders with Coconut Turmeric Dipping Sauce
- Easy Rosemary Orange Grilled Chicken
- Easy Grilled Miso Chicken
Greek Chicken Marinade FAQs
What type of chicken do you recommend for the grill?
If you want to make this recipe on the grill, I recommend using thighs because breasts can get dry very quickly.
What type of chicken do you recommend if I am cooking this recipe in a pan on the stove?
I like to use chicken breast strips whenever I do this in the pan since it shortens the cooking time and makes the perfect protein addition to a salad.
How do I store the leftovers?
You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
What should I serve with the cooked chicken?
You can serve the chicken with a Greek salad for the perfect Mediterranean-themed lunch or dinner.
This Greek chicken marinade is a delicious and healthy way to flavor your chicken. It's easy to make and can be used on any type of chicken. The yogurt helps to tenderize the chicken, while the olive oil keeps it moist. Plus, the combination of these two ingredients makes for a delicious flavor that you’re sure to love. Try this marinade the next time you're looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.Print
Greek Chicken Marinade: A Delicious Way to Flavor Your Chicken
Easy and bursting with flavors Greek chicken marinade. Perfect for BBQ season or any other moment.
- Prep Time: 5 min + 30 min marinating time
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 min
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch/dinner/chicken/poultry
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1 pound chicken breasts/ skinless boneless thighs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon (organic, since we are going to use the zest)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl combine the chicken breasts (you can cut them in strips like I did or in cutlets), the Greek yogurt, the olive oil, the dried herbs, and the salt.
- Zest 2 teaspoons worth of the lemon zest directly into the bowl with the chicken.
- Mix everything well, cover, and let marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Once the chicken has marinated heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in the pan and add the chicken to it once it gets hot.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and flip through the cooking.
- Serve with a good Greek salad on the side for the perfect Mediterranean-themed lunch or dinner.
If you want to make this recipe on the BBQ, I recommend using thighs, because breasts can get too dry very quickly. I like to use chicken breast strips whenever I do this on the pan since it shortens the cooking time and makes the perfect protein addition to a salad.
It can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container.