This pretty and easy grapefruit rosemary prosecco cocktail is a light and delicious drink just perfect for sharing on Valentine's Day, Easter, bridal showers and all of your spring brunches!
When it comes to cocktails, I'm all about light, refreshing drinks that aren't too sweet and are simple to make. And if I can find all of the ingredients at the grocery store, it's even better! Because who has time to go running around town in search of specialty ingredients? And I'm pretty sure I would be frowned upon if I took my baby into a liquor store with me.
Why Grapefruit Is The Best For Cocktails
I absolutely love grapefruit in cocktails. The subtly sweet, tart juice is a lovely pairing with so many flavors. And the pale pink hue makes any drink absolutely stunning. Make sure to use freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice for the best taste.
Why You'll Love These Grapefruit Rosemary Prosecco Cocktails
These cocktails are so simple to make with just 4 ingredients that can all be found at the grocery store - yay! They're light, bubbly, and not too sweet, and the pretty pink color is just perfect for Valentine's Day, Easter, bridal showers, and spring brunches!
How To Make Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Add sugar, rosemary and water to a small saucepan.
- Heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off heat, cover, and allow syrup to cool before pouring into a glass jar.
- Store in the refrigerator. I like to keep a spring of rosemary in the jar as a reminder of what it is - it will last a couple of weeks in the fridge.
You can make the rosemary simple syrup ahead of time. That way, it's already chilled and ready to go when you're ready to make your cocktails.
How To Make These Easy Grapefruit Rosemary Prosecco Cocktails
To make these pretty grapefruit prosecco cocktails, simply pour a touch of simple syrup in a glass, add freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, and top with chilled prosecco. It's that simple! Garnish with a rosemary sprig for a drink that looks fancy, but is actually so simple.
For even more pretty (but easy!) cocktail inspiration, head on over to my roundup of pretty cocktails!
If you made this recipe, please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Easy Grapefruit Rosemary Prosecco Cocktail
This pretty and easy grapefruit rosemary prosecco cocktail is a light and delicious drink just perfect for sharing on Valentine's Day, Easter, and all of your spring brunches!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 drinks 1x
- Category: cocktail
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
For each Grapefruit Prosecco Cocktail:
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) rosemary simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 oz (¼ cup) freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
- About 4 oz prosecco
Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 rosemary sprig
- To make the rosemary syrup, combine the sugar, water and rosemary in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once dissolved, remove from heat. Cover and allow to cool before straining in to a container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
- To make a cocktail, add ½ oz of rosemary syrup and 2 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice to a glass. Top with prosecco and garnish with rosemary.
For a large batch (about 6 drinks):
- 12 oz (1 ½ cups) freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice (from about 1 ½ to 2 large grapefruits)
- 3 oz (6 tbsp) rosemary syrup
- 1 bottle prosecco
Juice and syrup can be prepared a day or two in advance. To make a large batch, you can mix the grapefruit juice and syrup ahead of time. Then just pour 2 ½ ounces of the mixture into each glass and top with prosecco when it's time to serve.
Keywords: grapefruit rosemary prosecco cocktail