Smoked salmon and spring green veggies come together in a beautiful, delicious, and easy Smoked Salmon Crustless Quiche that makes a wonderful spring brunch dish to feed a crowd!
It’s officially Spring! How do I know? Because I lost an hour of sleep last night after staying up late assembling some amazing sourdough cinnamon rolls that are in the oven as we speak.
But I also gained a glorious hour of daylight in the evening, meaning I don’t have to make dinner at 4 pm to get a good photo. Ah, Spring!
To celebrate, I’m sharing with you a delicious and easy Smoked Salmon Crustless Quiche. It’s a cinch to throw together when you need to feed a crowd quickly, and it’s also full of satisfying high quality protein. And your friend on a low carb diet will love it too, since it’s crustless and gluten-free. That means you can put your carbs elsewhere, like in those cinnamon rolls.
I used kale and leeks as pretty, fiber-rich veggies in this quiche to give it some nice green color and (added nutrition, of course!) but any veggies you have will work in a pinch. Asparagus, spinach, or even bell pepper would be delightful. I also added goat cheese because I love it on everything, but if you aren’t a fan, leave it out! Some smoky gouda would compliment the smoked salmon wonderfully, too. This quiche is totally customizable to suit your needs.
Now what are you waiting for? Go whip up a Smoked Salmon Crustless Quiche for your daylight saving Spring brunch and enjoy the beautiful daylight!
Smoked salmon and spring green veggies come together in a beautiful, delicious, and easy crustless quiche that's perfect for a crowd!
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1/3 cup smoked salmon pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 leaf kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup leek, greens and bulb, chopped
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a round pie plate or baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with milk, pepper, and mustard power. Set aside.
- In the bottom of the pie dish, evenly spread salmon pieces, garlic, kale, leek, and goat cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over salmon and vegetables. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove quiche from oven and cut into 6-8 slices. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? PIN it!