These 3 ingredient pomegranate balsamic chicken thighs couldn’t be easier to make. They’re the perfect quick and healthy weeknight dinner paired with a side of veggies! (gluten-free)
Y’all. I am seriously obsessed with this recipe. It’s probably to most clever recipe I’ve ever come up with. Not because it has any special ingredients or because there is any complicated trick involved.
Quite the opposite actually. These chicken thighs are awesome because they are so ridiculously simple to make. All you need is a skillet and three ingredients, and you’re halfway to dinner!
Not to mention, these 3 ingredient pomegranate balsamic chicken thighs are DELICIOUS. The secret is to sear the chicken thighs to seal in all those juices then top them with the super flavorful sauce. I made them for my little brother (he’s been staying with us while he’s on his Christmas break from college) and I think it’s been his favorite dinner so far. And he was totally surprised by how easy they were.
If you haven’t tried cooking chicken thighs yet, you need to asap. They are quite literally fail-proof. They’re impossible to dry out and go well with just about anything (like a 2-ingredient pomegranate balsamic sauce). I buy the boneless, skinless thighs and trim off the excess fat to make them a little healthier. They make getting dinner on the table a cinch.
To make this super easy dish, all you have to do is season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper (not considered ingredients, in case you are wondering), sear them in a skillet, whish together the sauce in the same skillet, then stick it all in the oven to finish cooking. While they cook in the oven, sauté some veggies, then you’re ready to serve dinner!
3 Ingredient Pomegranate Balsamic Chicken Thighs are a great way to get you cooking if you’re intimidated by the kitchen. They’re also a tasty, healthy dinner if you want to eat better without munching on salads all the time. What could be better?
These pomegranate balsamic chicken thighs couldn't be easier to make!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- For garnish: pomegranate arils and parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, then liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet or other large oven-proof skillet over high heat on the stove. Sear chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes per side, then remove to a clean plate. Cover and set aside.
- Pour pomegranate juice and balsamic into the skillet and bring to a boil for 1 minute, then turn heat down to medium low. Whisk to deglaze the skillet and let cook until mixture has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Return chicken thighs to the pan with the sauce and turn to coat. Place skillet in the oven to finish cooking chicken, about 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 165° F.
- Serve chicken with a drizzle of sauce from the pan and a sprinkle or pomegranate arils and parsley (optional).