Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
Easy slow cooker BBQ pulled pork sliders with homemade healthier coleslaw are sure to be a hit at your next tailgate or super bowl party! Cooking and cleanup are a breeze thanks to the slow cooker, so you can enjoy the game and your company. (Includes Instant Pot instructions)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings + 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: barbecue
For the pulled pork:
- slider buns
- red onion, thinly sliced
- dill pickle slices
- Greek yogurt coleslaw (recipe below)
For the coleslaw:
- Trim any excess visible fat from pork. Rub all over with spice rub.
- Place in slow cooker. Add apple cider vinegar and cook on low setting 6-8 hours.
- While pork is cooking, prepare coleslaw. Pour coleslaw mix into a large bowl. Pour dressing over slaw mix and toss well to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once pork is tender enough that it shreds easily, use two forks (or your stand mixer) to shred pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and keep on warm setting until ready to serve.
- To assemble sliders, place shredded pork on slider buns. Top with coleslaw, pickles, onions, and more sauce as desired. Enjoy!
- To cook in the Instant Pot, follow the recipe as written, but cook oh High pressure setting (lid locked and vent sealed) in the Instant Pot for 12 min per pound (72 min for a 6 lb pork roast). Let pressure release naturally before unlocking lid. Proceed with the recipe.
- If you're using a pork loin roast, rub some olive oil on the outside after the rub, and start checking for doneness at about 5 hours.
- If you prefer, you can leave the bbq sauce out of the shredded pork and let each person add sauce to their own sandwich.
Keywords: easy slow cooker pulled pork, crock pot pulled pork, slow cooker pulled pork sliders