Stone Fruit Panzanella Salad
This delicious summer stone fruit panzanella salad with homemade croutons, juicy tomatoes, and fresh herbs is hearty enough for a meal or great alongside a main course. It's a great use for day-old bread!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-6 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 slices sourdough bread (or other day-old bread), cubed
- 2 peaches or nectarines, sliced
- 2 black plums, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 large ripe tomato, cut into wedges)
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella (torn or in pearls)
- About 10-15 basil leaves, roughly torn
- About 10-15 mint leaves, roughly torn
- Good olive oil
- Vinegar (white balsamic, balsamic, or red wine vinegar)
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place bread cubes in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until toasted, stirring every few minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled toasted bread with sliced peaches, plums, tomatoes, cherries, mozzarella, mint and basil.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar of choice and gently toss to coat.
- Serve with coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- This salad is best served the day it is made, but leftovers are still delicious and can be stored for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- Perfectly ripe tomatoes and stone fruit are key in fresh salads like this one, so use the best summer produce you have!
- As always with salads, you want to use a delicious, good quality olive oil.
- If you don't have all of the stone fruit components, feel free to use what you do have on hand and don't worry about the rest!
- I love white balsamic vinegar in this recipe, but you can also use regular balsamic, red wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar.
- The longer the salad sits, the more moisture the bread soaks up, so plan according to your preference on bread texture.
Keywords: stone fruit salad panzanella salad, peach panzanella salad, summer panzanella salad