One Skillet Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
This one skillet creamy spinach artichoke chicken will be your family's new favorite dinner! Pan-seared chicken breasts in a healthier spinach and artichoke sauce that takes only 30 minutes is high in protein and flavor! (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 oz cream cheese (I use neufchatel cheese)
- 1 cup canned artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise into 2 cutlets each. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sear chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove to a plate and cover.
- Turn heat to low and add garlic to skillet. Cook about 30 seconds, stirring. Add wine and broth and continue to simmer about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix parmesan cheese with cornstarch. Add parmesan and cream cheese to skillet with garlic and whisk to combine. Add artichoke hearts and spinach and stir.
- Add chicken back to skillet. Cover and continue cooking over low heat until temperature of chicken reaches 165°F, about 5-10 minutes.
- If you don't have cornstarch, you can use arrowroot (tapioca) starch or 2 tsp flour. If you use flour, it will not be gluten-free.
- You can substitute additional chicken broth for the wine.
- If you're using marinated artichokes or artichokes packed in oil, rinse them before using.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: spinach artichoke chicken, healthy spinach artichoke chicken, creamy one skillet spinach artichoke chicken