Italian Sausage Frittata
This easy and delicious Italian sausage frittata with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella is an quick and healthy brunch or dinner! (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 slices 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, grated
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced and divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- Balsamic reduction, for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Liberally oil a tart or pie dish with olive oil.
- Place tomato slices on a paper towel and lightly sprinkle with salt. Let stand while the water comes to the surface.
- Spread cooked sausage crumbles, mozzarella, and half of the basil in the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and whisk well. Pour egg mixture over sausage and mozzarella.
- Blot tomatoes with a paper towel, then place on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake frittata for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove frittata and sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve warm drizzled with balsamic reduction (optional).
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
You may double the recipe for a 9×13 inch pan if you have a bigger crowd!
Keywords: breakfast, brunch