Healthy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Healthy lemon ricotta pancakes are rich, moist and creamy, yet light and barely sweet – they’re the perfect spring breakfast! (nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: about 12 pancakes 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk well. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet to 300°F or medium low heat. Lightly oil the pan if necessary.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Let cook until bubble appear on the surface and the bottom is lightly golden. Flip and continue to cook until done, about 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm with real maple syrup.
- These pancakes take a little longer to cook than typical pancakes. Use lower heat to avoid burning the outsides.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make soured milk by mixing 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar with enough regular milk to fill to 1 cup.
Keywords: pancakes, ricotta, lemon