Healthy Gluten Free Banana Nut Blender Muffins
Healthy gluten free banana nut blender muffins made with oats and greek yogurt are so easy to make in the blender and a delicious make ahead breakfast or snack! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 14 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin with liners.
- Place all muffin ingredients except for walnuts in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in nuts. Scoop batter into cupcake pan using a large scoop or small measuring cup (about 1/4 cup per muffin). Top with additional walnuts if desired.
- Bake muffins at 375° F for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing muffins to a cooling rack.
- Storage: Because these muffins don't have a lot of sugar, they won't keep at room temperature for more than a couple of days. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or freeze them to take out and thaw as needed.
- I like to line my muffin tin with paper or silicone liners and spray the liners. Because these muffins have no added oil, they need a little bit of help not sticking to the paper.
- Blend up the dry ingredients, then add the wet. Stop to scrape down the edges as needed to get a smooth batter.
- The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Try not to over bake them so that they stay moist and tender.
- Extra-ripe (read: brown) bananas will give you the best texture and flavor.
- You can use coconut sugar in place of the brown sugar if you'd like.
- The flaxseed can be omitted if you don't have it.
- Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if necessary.
- Feel free to switch the walnuts for pecans or another favorite nut.
Keywords: gluten-free banana nut muffins, banana nut blender muffins, easy gluten-free banana muffins