Easy one bowl gingersnaps made with fresh ginger and whole wheat flour are essential for holiday baking! (dairy-free option)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: About 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp ginger paste or grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch ground white pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer or whisk, combine butter and sugars and mix until well blended. Add molasses, egg, vanilla and ginger. Whisk until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and spices into bowl with wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Scoop into small balls. Roll to shape and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake cookies 6-8 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let cool a couple minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Keywords: gingersnaps, gingersnap cookies