Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies with Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Filling
Gingersnap sandwich cookies with cranberry orange cream cheese filling are delicious, festive holiday cookies that are perfect for any Christmas cookie exchange or for gifting!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: about 10 sandwich cookies
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: holiday
- 4 oz cream cheese (I use reduced fat cream cheese), softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 20 gingersnap cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and orange zest. Mix until well combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into a zip-top bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least an hour.
- To assemble, cut one corner off of the zip-top bag. Squeeze filling onto the bottom sides of 10 cookies. Top each with a second cookie, flat side in, to make sandwiches.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Keywords: cookies, gingersnaps, cream cheese, Christmas