Fall Butternut Squash Salad
A healthy and delicious fall butternut squash salad that’s perfect for something fresh after Thanksgiving! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: About 6 cups 1x
- Category: salad, side dish
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Seeds from squash, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- Pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Arils from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Dressing of choice
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Toss butternut squash cubes in 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 300° F. Using the same baking sheet, toss butternut squash seeds in 1/2 tsp oil and toast until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium low heat. Add garlic and kale and sauté until kale is slightly wilted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, onion, pomegranate, feta, and desired amount of dressing. Add cooled butternut squash, kale, and toasted seeds. Toss lightly to combine and serve.
Keywords: fall salad, butternut squash salad, salad with feta cheese