Easy One Pot Tortellini Lasagna Soup
This easy, one pot tortellini lasagna soup is the ultimate comfort food! It’s the most delicious weeknight dinner made in under 45 minutes with simple ingredients. (nut-free)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: main dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste (see notes)
- 1 (9 oz) package tortellini (from the refrigerated section)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Ricotta cheese, for topping
- Mozzarella cheese, for topping
- In a large heavy-bottomed soup pot, brown the beef over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add oregano and tomato paste and stir to evenly distribute tomato paste.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, broth and water. Stir, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and add tortellini. Stir and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes, or as directed on the package. Stir in basil just before serving.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with a dollop of ricotta and a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- The amount of salt in this recipe can vary greatly depending on the type of tomatoes and broth used. I suggest tasting it before adding the tortellini and adding salt if needed.
- Use ground chicken or turkey in place of ground beef, if you want. Or leave out the meat entirely for a vegetarian option.
Keywords: soup, lasagna, one-pot