Easy Grapefruit Olive Oil Cake
A simple and flavorful winter grapefruit olive oil cake that’s delicious enough for dessert, but healthy enough for breakfast – no frosting required. (dairy-free, nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tbsp WinterSweetz grapefruit zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed WinterSweetz Grapefruit juice
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour*)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 3/4 cup mild flavored olive oil
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9″ springform pan or round can pan with oil and line the bottom with parchment.
- Zest grapefruit to yield 2 tbsp zest. Be careful to only get the colored part, as the white section will be bitter.
- Segment and juice grapefruit to yield 1 cup of juice (it took me 1 1/2 grapefruits). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in grapefruit zest. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat eggs. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir together olive oil and grapefruit juice. It doesn’t have to mix, it just needs to be in one container.
- Slowly alternate adding flour and oil mixtures to egg mixture while continuing the beat on low speed until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cool.
*If using all-purpose flour, decrease grapefruit juice by 2 tbsp.
Keywords: grapefruit cake, easy olive oil cake