Easy Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Broccolini
This easy pesto pasta with shrimp and broccolini is made in just 20 minutes with one pot and 6 ingredients. It's perfect for weeknight dinners! (vegetarian and gluten-free options)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch broccolini (or 1 small head broccoli)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz whole grain spaghetti (half a standard box)
- 3/4 cup pesto (try my carrot top pesto!)
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spread almonds into a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 5 minutes, watching carefully so that they don't burn. Remove from oven.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Meanwhile, cut broccolini into 1-inch pieces.
- Add pasta to boiling water and boil according to package directions, or 8-10 minutes.
- Add broccolini and shrimp to the water during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Continue boiling until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Place pasta, shrimp and broccolini back into the pot. Add the pesto and gently toss, adding pasta cooking water as needed to create a shiny sauce. Turn the heat on low, if needed.
- Plate pasta and top with toasted almonds and freshly grated parmesan.
- If you can't find broccolini, you can use regular broccoli (fresh or frozen).
- For vegetarian, omit the shrimp.
- For gluten-free, use you favorite gluten-free spaghetti noodles.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: easy pesto pasta with shrimp and broccoli, one pot shrimp and broccoli pesto pasta