Easy Asparagus Omelette with Goat Cheese
A quick, healthy asparagus omelet with creamy goat cheese with only 4 simple ingredients! It's easy to whip up and delicious whether for breakfast or dinner! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 omelet 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water (or milk)
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 4-5 asparagus spears
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soft goat cheese
- 1 green onion top, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil.
- Wash and trim asparagus. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Mince garlic.
- Add asparagus and garlic to skillet with oil and cook until asparagus are bright green, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, water (or milk), salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low and add remaining teaspoon of oil to skillet. Swirl the pan to spread it around the entire pan. Pour in egg mixture. Cook on low until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle asparagus spears and goat cheese evenly over one half of the eggs.
- Gently fold the other half over onto half with the asparagus.
- Cover and continue to cook until eggs are completely set. Remove from heat and gently slide omelet onto a plate. Top with chopped green onion (optional).
- If you don't like goat cheese, use any cheese you like. Some of my other favorites to pair with asparagus are cheddar, swiss, or gruyere.
- Omit the cheese entirely for a dairy-free omelet.
- Keep the heat low once the eggs are added to prevent burning the bottom before the inside is fully cooked.
Keywords: asparagus omelet, asparagus egg omelet, asparagus goat cheese omelet