White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Cookies
White chocolate cranberry bliss cookies made with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips are festive and delicious Christmas cookies inspired by Starbucks’ cranberry bliss bars. With chewy, buttery centers and slightly crispy edges, you won’t want to share these holiday cookies!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: about 18 large cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water (about boiling temperature, or a little below)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a small bowl combine the cranberries, hot water and baking soda. Stir and set aside to let the cranberries to soak up the water.
- In the bowl of the standing mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix again until combined.
- Add the cornstarch, salt and flour and mix well.
- Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 20 minutes. Scoop using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just barely golden. They will not appear done, but will firm up as they cool. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them.
- If your oven tends to run cold, you may need to increase the temperature to 350°F, or bake 3-4 minutes longer.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- If there is still a little liquid in the bowl with the cranberries, don't worry about it. Just dump the whole thing into the bowl when mixing them into the dough.
- If you're making larger or small cookies, adjust the baking time accordingly.
Keywords: cranberry white chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate cranberry cookies, cranberry bliss cookies