Easy Chipotle Flank Steak with Pineapple Salsa
This easy grilled chipotle flank steak with pineapple salsa is a fun and flavorful weeknight meal that you can have ready and on your table in under 30 minutes! (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb flank steak
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For Pineapple Salsa:
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare salsa. Combine all salsa ingredients in a small bowl and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Trim any excess fat or silvery looking pieces from steak.
- Squeeze lime over both sides of steak. In a small bowl, combine spices. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of steak. Rub evenly with olive oil.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove from heat, cover and let rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Serve steak with pineapple salsa and warm tortillas (optional).
Keywords: chipotle flank steak, homemade pineapple salsa, easy flank steak