Chicken Caprese Pasta Salad
This Chicken Caprese Pasta Salad is delicious and healthy pasta salad made with tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and whole grain pasta that makes the perfect summer lunch or potluck dish!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: about 8 cups 1x
- Category: lunch, side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta or chickpea pasta*
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked**
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 2–3 oz fresh mozzarella (in small balls, halved, or one big one, cubed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Cut cooked chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Use chickpea pasta for gluten-free
**Omit for vegetarian
Keywords: chicken caprese, caprese pasta salad