Healthy Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Healthy carrot cake baked oatmeal with Greek yogurt frosting is loaded with all the delicious flavors of carrot cake in an easy, nutritious make-ahead breakfast that tastes heavenly! (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in carrots, raisins, pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool at least 10 minutes before glazing.
- To prepare the glaze, whisk together yogurt, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Pour over cooled oatmeal.
- Don't drain the pineapple. You want some of the juice for moisture and sweetness.
- You can leave the flaxseed out if you'd like. You can also leave out any of the mix-ins that you don't care for.
- Substitute the pecans for walnuts if you'd like.
- For an egg-free version, you can replace eggs with flax or chia 'eggs'. For a vegan version, use the flax or chia 'egg' and use your favorite nondairy yogurt for the frosting.
- You can use maple syrup in the frosting instead of powdered sugar if you like. You can also just use vanilla Greek yogurt to skip the mixing step.
Keywords: carrot cake baked oatmeal, healthy carrot cake oatmeal bake