Healthy Avocado Hummus Recipe
This super easy, healthy avocado hummus recipe with only 6 simple ingredients is a delicious snack that can be made in minutes! (vegan, gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: About 3 cups 1x
- Category: snack
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: mediterranean
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 tbsp tahini (see notes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 3–6 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid
- extra olive oil, for drizzling
- crushed red pepper, for sprinkling (optional)
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients except for reserved liquid.
- While blending, add reserved chickpea liquid 1 tbsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency and smoothness.
- Spread hummus into a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper (optional).
- Serve avocado hummus cold or at room temperature with cut up veggies, crackers, or pita bread.
- You can use water instead of reserved chickpea liquid.
- You don’t have to use tahini if you don’t have it, but I highly recommend it for the best taste and consistency. If you leave it out, you may need to add another 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use ripe avocados for the most creamy texture.
- If it seems like the hummus isn’t getting smooth, just keep blending. It may take a few minutes. Stop every once in a while to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Store leftover hummus in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Press plastic wrap over the top of the hummus to keep if from browning too quickly.
- It’s best not to make this avocado hummus too far ahead of time (no more than 1-2 hours) to keep it from browning.
Keywords: healthy avocado hummus, easy avocado hummus, avocado hummus recipe no tahini