Arugula Steak Salad with Garlic Roasted Chickpeas and Tahini Dressing
Break out of your salad rut with this delicious arugula salad topped with tender grilled steak, crispy garlic roasted chickpeas and an easy lemony tahini dressing! (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: American
For the chickpeas:
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the salad:
- 1 lb steak (I used NY strip, but ribeye, sirloin, or flank steak all work well)
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 1 (5 oz) package baby arugula
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- tahini dressing
- Make the crispy chickpeas. Heat oven to 400°F. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Dry well on a clean towel or paper towels.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with oil, garlic powder and salt. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Roast chickpeas for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Make the steak. Heat grill to medium high heat. Generously season steak with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Rub with olive oil.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat for 2-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steak. You're looking for an internal temperature of about 125°F to pull it off the grill for medium-rare.
- Remove steak from the grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing steak against the grain.
- Spread arugula on a serving platter. Top with sliced onion, freshly shaved parmesan, chickpeas and sliced steak. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Make sure to use garlic powder not garlic salt on the chickpeas.
- Any tender cut of steak that is suitable for grilling works well on this salad. Aim for 1-inch thickness for quick cooking.
- Resting the steak before slicing is critical to retain the juices and to let the internal temperature come up about 5 degrees. Slice steak against the grain for the most tender steak.
Keywords: arugula steak salad, steak salad with roasted chickpeas, arugula salad with steak and chickpeas