Easy Red Berry Sangria
This red berry sangria is a delicious summer cocktail to share with friends, loaded with the free-radical fighting power of antioxidants!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 drinks 1x
- Category: cocktail
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (you can also use raspberry liqueur or brandy)
- 1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sparkling water (optional)
- Place berries in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Add wine, orange liqueur and pomegranate juice. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, ideally at least two hours or overnight.
- If you’re using sparkling water, add it just before serving, or top each individual glass with a splash.
- To serve, fill glasses halfway with ice. Pour sangria and fruit over the top.
- This recipe is very flexible. Use the ingredients you have on hand!
- You can make this sangria a day in advance. The longer the sangria sits in the refrigerator, the more the flavors will meld and mellow, and the berries will soak up more booze.
- My favorite reds to use for sangria are Tempranillo, Malbec, Zinfandel, or a dry but fruity red blend.
Keywords: red wine sangria, berry sangria, easy red sangria recipe