Salted Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Bark
This decadent 4-ingredient salted dark chocolate hazelnut bark is a festive holiday treat that makes a delicious last-minute gift! (gluten-free, dairy-free option)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: about 2 dozen pieces 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups chopped dark chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/8 tsp flake sea salt
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes at 400°F. Let cool, then roughly chop and set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 cups of the chocolate. Spread onto the parchment with a spatula.
- Melt remaining chocolate. Stir in chocolate hazelnut spread until smooth. Spoon over chocolate on the parchment, spacing out drops. Use a knife to swirl the chocolates.
- Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts over chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Chill 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- You can either melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl or you can use a double boiler. To make a double boiler, place a heat-proof bowl (not glass) on top of a pot of simmering water on the stove. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. If you're using a microwave, heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each, until the chocolate is smooth and just melted.
- Don't over-heat the chocolate or it will get clumpy. If this happens, you may be able to salvage it by stirring in a small amount of coconut oil.
- For a more noticeable swirl, you can use milk chocolate for the portion that is mixed with the hazelnut spread.
- I love quarter sheet pans for little recipes like this. A rimmed quarter sheet is the perfect size for toasting nuts and spreading the bark!
- Crunchy flake salt is the best for topping desserts like this one! I like Maldon salt.
Keywords: dark chocolate hazelnut bark, salted dark chocolate bark, nutella bark