Watermelon Feta and Arugula Grain Salad
This delicious Watermelon Feta and Arugula Grain Salad is a flavorful and healthy side dish or packable lunch that's perfect for the summer season! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 5 cups packed baby arugula
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves, roughly torn
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Place almonds on a small baking sheet and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Watch carefully as they will burn quickly. Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, make champagne dijon vinaigrette buy whisking together all vinaigrette ingredients. Cut watermelon into cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula and mint leaves with desired amount of dressing. I start with a couple of tablespoons and add more as needed.
- Add quinoa, watermelon, feta and almonds. Gently toss and serve or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, up to 4 hours.
Keywords: watermelon salad, quinoa summer salad, watermelon and feta salad