Thanksgiving Turkey Brine
When it comes to cooking a Thanksgiving turkey, a brine is essential for a juicy, flavorful bird. This simple Thanksgiving turkey brine will ensure your turkey moist and delicious every time!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: brine for 10-15 lb turkey
- Cuisine: Holiday
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tbsp allspice berries
- 1/2 tbsp juniper berries
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (you can also use thyme or sage)
- 1 orange, sliced
- About 2 gallons water
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, salt, sugar, peppercorns, allspice berries, juniper berries, and bay leaves. Heat, stirring, until sugar and salt are dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Add mixture to a large pot, 5 gallon bucket, or brining bag. Add garlic, rosemary, orange slices and about 1 gallon of water. Stir. Add thawed turkey to the brine and add additional water to cover the turkey.
- Brine turkey overnight. Rinse turkey and pat dry after removing from the brine. Season and cook turkey as desired.
Keywords: turkey, thanksgiving, holiday