Stovetop Balsamic Thyme Carrots
These easy carrots with balsamic and thyme are simple to make on the stovetop with just 4 ingredients. They're the perfect simple side dish for weeknight dinners! (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb carrots (about 6-8 medium carrots)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Wash carrots. Peel them if you prefer, I usually don't. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Add carrots to a pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil until fork-tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain carrots and return to the pot. Add butter, balsamic reduction, salt and thyme. Stir to coat. Turn the heat back on low if necessary to melt the butter.
- Serve hot.
- If you don't have balsamic reduction, you can use 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp honey or other liquid sweetener. Or you can make your own reduction.
- You can swap the thyme for another fresh herb, such as rosemary or parsley.
- If you like softer carrots, boil them for a few minutes longer.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Keywords: stovetop balsamic carrots, stovetop balsamic glazed carrots, boiled carrots with balsamic