Spring Breakfast Salad
Get half a day's worth of veggies first thing in the morning with a healthy and delicious spring breakfast salad topped with a maple vinaigrette and a runny poached egg!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 salads 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 strip bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8-10 asparagus spears
- 1/4 very thinly sliced red onion
- Large handful baby spinach
- Large handful arugula
- 3 tbsp shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup savory granola and/or 1 slice sourdough, cubed for croutons
- 2 eggs, poached or fried over-easy
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook bacon in a small skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Wash a cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Add onion and asparagus to skillet and cook until onions are softened and asparagus are bright green. Remove from pan. Add sourdough cubes to pan and toast, tossing occasionally, to brown the outsides.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, arugula, onions, and asparagus. Add dressing and toss it all together. Divide between two plates or bowls. Top each with granola, bacon, and parmesan.
- Place a poached or fried egg on top of each salad and serve immediately.
Keywords: Spring salad, breakfast salad